Student Volunteers play a key role in success of ICT4S by helping the conference from registration to local matters. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with other students, academics and practitioners from all over the world that share your interest on ICT for Sustainability! Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students.
The student volunteer opportunity is available to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICT4S 2019 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to be part of the ICT4S 2019 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
- Provide assistance at registration
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference venue.
- Provide technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Monitor session rooms and dining halls.
- Collect tickets and check badges
- Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.
- Free registration to the conference.
- Accomodation during the conference and the additional days you are working
- Tickets for lunches during the conference and the additional days you are working, as well as for the ICT4S 2019 social dinner and reception.
- One ticket for conference reception and one ticket for main dinner.
- Student Volunteer ICT4S T-shirt.
- A great opportunity to network to leading researchers and to the other students.
Notes: Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
- Must be enrolled as a Doctoral, Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- English proficient
- Good social and communication skills.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form and upload the supporting documents by clicking APPLY NOW.
Visas and other supporting documents:
- Visa application support letter available upon request.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs know as soon as possible.
Student Volunteers Co-Chairs:
- Victoria Palacin (Lappeenranta University of Technology; MIT Media Lab)
- Shola Oyedeji (Lappeenranta University of Technology)
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com